Thank you DDPAI for sending over the new Z40 for review
• Processor: SigmaStar 8629Q
• Sensor: Sony IMX335
• Lens: 6 optical lens & 1 infrared IR, 140° wide angle, F1.8 aperture; rear – 5 optical lens, 125° wide angle, F2.0 aperture
• 2” IPS screen
• Supports up to 128GB microSD card
• Resolution: front – 2592×1944 & 1920×1080; rear – 1920×1080
• D²save Storage Technology
• Built-in 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
• Time-lapse parking mode (requires the hardwire kit)
• Built-in GPS
• Sense Reality 2.0 (GPS model only)
• Tape mount
• USB car charger
• USB Type-C cable
• Prying tool
• Spare mounting tape
• Electrocstatic film
• User manual & safety notice
USB car charger
USB Type-C cable
Spare mounting tape
User manual & safety notice
DDPAI RC1 rear cam box
• Rear camera cable
• Installation guide
Rear camera cable
DDPAI 32GB microSD card (Kingston CANVAS Select Plus)
DDPAI Type-C USB intelligent hardwire kit
• Type-C USB intelligent hardwire kit
• Fuse taps (ATO, mini & low-profile mini)
• User guide
Type-C USB intelligent hardwire kit
Fuse taps (ATO, mini & low-profile mini)
Initial firmware out of the box
Updated to firmware v22.214.171.124 via the DDPAI app from firmware v126.96.36.199
Using a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus microSD for the recordings.
Front cam recorded in HVC1 2592×1944 25fp with an overall bit rate of 19.5 Mb/s.
Rear cam recorded in HVC1 1920×1080 25fps with an overall bit rate of 8,383 kb/s.
Sense Reality 2.0
Video with Sense Reality 2.0 can only be downloaded via the DDPAI app and a maximum of 30 seconds video.
The Z40 has a clear video quality front and rear. A great contender in the budget range of dual dashcam.
The Sense Reality 2.0 is a nice gimmick that you can share with friends for that JARVIS feel from Iron Man.
DDPAI’s new D²save Storage Technology makes sure that recordings get saved in case of a faulty microSD card. The D²save Storage Technology makes sure that the last video is stored in the NAND Flash if any failure occurs. When a working microSD card is inserted then the stored video will be saved to the microSD card.
DDPAI mentioned the Z40 will have support for their ADAS Black Technology in the new version. Can’t wait for it.