Special thanks to 70mai for sending over their latest 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S Rear Cam Set for review.
70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S technical specs:
• Processor: Novatek NT96580
• Sensor: Sony IMX335
• Lens: 2-layer glass, 4-layer plastic, 140° wide angle, F1.8 aperture
• Resolution: 2592×1944 30fps, 2560×1920 30fps, 1920×1440 30fps
• 3D Dynamic Noise Reduction & Wide Dynamic Range
• 2” IPS Screen 480×360
• Supports up to 128GB microSD card
• Built-in 500mAh Lithium Polymer
• Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
• Built-in GPS
• Parking mode
RC06 rear camera Technical specs:
• Processor: Fullhan FH8536H
• Sensor: Galaxycore GC2053
• Resolution: 1920×1080 25fps
• Lens: 2-layer glass, 2-layer plastic, 130° wide angle, F2.0 aperture
• 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S
• Tape mount
• 70mai rear camera RC06
• Dual USB car charger
• 90° angled micro USB cable 3.5m
• 90° angled rear cam cable 5.5m
• Pry tool
• Electrostatic sticker x4
• Spare mounting tape
• 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ user manual
• 70mai rear camera RC06 user manual
70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S
70mai rear camera RC06
Dual USB car charger
Micro USB cable
Rear cam cable
Electrostatic sticker x4
Spare mounting tape
70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S user manual
70mai rear camera RC06 user manual
70mai hardwire kit
In order to use the 70mai parking surveillance mode, you’ll need to install the 70mai hardwire kit. You can’t enable parking surveillance mode without this hardwire kit installed now.
• 70mai hardwire kit
• User manual
70mai hardwire kit
Initial firmware out of the box
Using a 128GB Samsung Evo Plus microSD for the recordings.
70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S recorded in H.265 2592×1944 30fps with an overall bitrate of 24.8 Mb/s.
70mai rear camera RC06 recorded in H.265 1920×1080 25fps with an overall bitrate of 10.3 Mb/s.
This 70mai A500 series is an upgraded 70mai Dashcam Pro. Now the newer 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S has dual dashcam functionality with the RC06 rear cam.
The 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S now uses the Novatek NT96580 processor instead of the Huawei HiSilicon Hi3556 V200 processor in the 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus A500. I am liking the change to Novatek by 70mai. But I do hope in the future there will be a 70mai dashcam which will be using super-capacitors instead of lithium batteries.
The ADAS of the 70mai Dashcam Pro Plus+ A500S, I can say that is about 80+% accurate like my Thinkware U1000’s ADAS. 70mai’s parking mode will starts recording when there’s a trigger of the G-sensor.