Was looking for a replacement for my 2+ years old Xiaomi Gaming Headset YXEJ01JY.
Bought this Adata XPG Precog Gaming Headset.
Lazada link: XPG Precog
Specifications & features
• Dual Drivers: Electrostatic and Dynamic
• Hi-Res Audio Certified
• Built-in FPS / Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound / Music Modes
• Environmental Noise Cancellation Technology for Microphone
• Ergonomic Ear Cushions & Auto-Adjust Band
• Rotatable Ear Cups
• Cross-Platform Compatibility
• Frequency Response: 5 Hz – 50,000 Hz
• Impedance: 32Ω±15%
• Sensitivity: 102±3dB/mW@1KHz
• Mic Noise Canceling Technology: ENC (Environmental Noise Cancellation)
• Mic Directivity: Unidirectional
• Mic Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20,000 Hz
• Mic Sensitivity: -38db±1.5db
• Interface: USB type C / 3.5mm
• Weight: 362 g
• Precog headset
• Carrying case
• USB Type C control box with DSP sound card 1.3m
• 3.5mm audio control box 1.25m
• Detachable mic
• Y-cable splitter 1.36m
• USB Type A to Type C cable 1.25m
• Quick start guide
• Warranty guide
• XPG decals
USB Type C control box with DSP sound card
3.5mm audio control box
USB Type A to Type C cable
Quick start guide
I’ve only used the XPG Precog on my gaming PC and my Samsung S20 Ultra. Didn’t have any gaming consoles to test on.
With FPS mode on, I can hear all the footsteps and reloads loud and clear while playing PUBG Mobile on my S20 Ultra or PUBG and World War Z on PC.
Listening to music on the Precog is a pleasantly balanced and not too intrusive bass using the Music mode.
7.1 mode is somewhat good for watching movies but still not a fan of virtual 7.1 mode yet.
The Environmental Noise Cancellation for the boom mic works very well even in a noisy room.
A comfortable headset with a generously thick padding of the ear cups that I can wear for a few hours of gaming.
You can update Precog’s firmware using XPG Precog Firmware Update Tool on Windows.
The only downside is there is no software to set any extra useful features like microphone sidetone, EQ, etc. Also, the DSP sound card gets warm very fast when in use.