Here’s the new entry-level 1ch dashcam from Thinkware, the F70. Thanks to Sicurez Dashcam Station-Malaysia for the review unit.
The F70 is the successor to the F50.
Thinkware product page: F70
Sicurez product page: F70
• Sensor: On Semiconductor CMOS 2.1M
• Viewing angle: 140° Wide Angle
• 3-Axis Accelerometer G-Sensor (3D, ±3G)
• Resolution: Full HD 1080P
• Support up to 64GB microSD card
• Built-in super capacitor
• Energy saving parking recording
• Format Free 2.0 Technology
• Front Vehicle Departure Warning
• External GPS Antenna (optional)
• Safety Camera Alert (requires external GPS receiver)
• Hardwire kit
• Thinkware 8GB micro SD card
• Tape mount
• Spare mounting tape
• Cable clips
• Quick start guide
• Customer service information leaflet
Thinkware 8GB micro SD card
Spare mounting tape & cable clips
Quick start guide
Customer service information
I will be using 128GB Netac Pro micro SD for the recordings. I’ll also be using the Thinkware external GPS receiver with the F70 for the Smart Camera Alert functions.
Thinkware dashcam PC viewer
The videos below are recorded in 1920×1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 11.2 Mb/s.
The F70 is a good entry level 1ch dashcam with true parking mode.
But as there is no screen or wifi to connect to the F70, the only way to setup the F70 is by taking out the micro SD card and using the PC viewer on a computer.