Thanks to Sicurez Dashcam Station-Malaysia for providing a review unit of the Thinkware QX800. The world first dual dashcam with QHD resolution for front and rear cam.
iNavi product page: iNavi Quantum
In Korea, Thinkware is a child brand of iNavi. Thinkware is for the international market while iNavi is for the Korean market.
Thinkware China product page: QX800
Currently, the QX800 is only sold in China and Thailand
• Processor: Ambarella A12A
• Sensor: Front – Sony Exmor R CMOS 6M Pixels, 1/1.8”. Rear – Omnivision 4MPixels, 1/3″
• Viewing angle: Front – 140° viewing angle. Rear 180° viewing angle
• 3-Axis Accelerometer G-Sensor (3D, ±3G)
• Resolution: QHD (2560×1440) @ 30fps for front & rear cam
• 3.5″ TSP LCD (480×320 HVGA) IPS Type
• Support up to 128GB microSD card
• Built-in super capacitor
• Ultra Night Vision
• Super Intelligent Detection (SID)
• Motion detection parking mode
• Format Free 2.0 Technology
• External GPS Antenna (optional)
• DriveX support (optional)
• Blind Spot Detection (BSD) support (optional)
• Extreme ADAS (requires the external GPS antenna): BSD (requires the DriveX & BSD), Moving Car Detection, Rear View Camera, FCWS/UFCWS (Forward Collision Warning System), LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System), FVDW (Front Vehicle Departure Warning).
• Rear camera
• Rear camera cable
• Hardwire kit
• iNavi 128GB SD card
• Tape mount
• Quick start guide
Rear camera cable
iNavi 128GB SD card
Quick start guide in Chinese
Thinkware External GPS Receiver
• External GPS receiver
• Quick guide
External GPS receiver
Using the QX800
Live view & file list
Initial firmware out of the box v1.00.01
The Extreme ADAS has on-screen warnings whether the screen is on or off. I’ve been trying to record the Extreme ADAS in action but it’s a bit hard at the moment.
The videos below are recorded in 2560×1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 19.6 Mb/s.
It’s been a while since I used a dashcam with a screen & sure bring back memories of screen dashcams I used to own.
This QX800 is really huge & it reminded me of my old SonyEricsson mobile phone.
The rear camera video was recorded in mirror mode as I thought I was able to test the Blind Spot Detection feature but couldn’t as didn’t have the DriveX & BSD module to fully test out all features.
Note – You can change the view for the rear camera.
I really like the cool looking circular security LED on this QX800. But this QX800 really attracts attention with its huge size and fancy security LED.
Is this QX800 for everyone? I think this QX800 would look good in a big car like SUV and MPV. Not for those looking for discreet dashcams.
Wish that the GPS receiver was built-in instead of an external receiver. Less 1 cable to hide.