Thank you, Maria of Pittasoft, for sending over one of my dream dashcams, BlackVue’s latest flagship – the DR750S-2CH, for review.
Official BlackVue product page: DR750S-2CH
• Processor: HiSilicon Hi3559-V100
• Sensor for front & rear: Sony STARVIS IMX291 CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2.1 M Pixel)
• Viewing angle: Front: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°; Rear: Diagonal 139°, Horizontal 116°, Vertical 61°
• 3-axis acceleration sensor
• Resolution: Front – Rear
Full HD (1920×1080) @60fps – Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps (Sports)
Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps – Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps
Full HD (1920×1080) @30fps – HD (1280×720) @30fps
HD (1280×720) @30fps – HD (1280×720) @30fps
• Support up to 128GB microSD card
• Built-in GPS
• Built-in 802.11n (2.4 − 2.4835 GHz)
• Built-in super capacitor
• Proximity sensor: Touching the proximity sensor toggles audio recording ON/OFF or triggers manual recording depending on settings
• Pre-Buffered Parking Mode
• Enhanced Night Vision
• Adaptive Format-Free File Management System
• BlackVue Cloud service
• Rear camera
• Power cord
• Rear camera connection cable
• Blackvue 16GB MLC Class 10 micro SD
• Micro SD card reader
• Cable clips
• Spare mounting tape
• Pry tool
• Quick start guide
DR750S with protective covers
Rear camera with protective covers
Rear camera connection cable
Blackvue 16GB MLC Class 10 micro SD & micro SD card reader
Spare mounting tape
Quick start guide
Initial firmware out of the box
Changelog for firmware version 1.001
1) Improved image clarity.
2) DAB interference mitigation.
3) Optimized frame rate for Japan.
– If you set the language to Japanese, the dashcam will record at 59fps/29.5fps.
4) New brightness default/recommended setting. We optimized the image for a Brightness setting of 1. We recommend changing Brightness to 1 after performing the upgrade.
Front recorded in 1920×1080 60fps with an overall bit rate of 12.8 Mb/s while the rear is recorded in 1920×1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 10.8 Mb/s. Enhanced Night Vision enabled.
BlackVue’s latest flagship, DR750S-2CH, I can say that it is currently one of my favorite premium dashcam available and most likely to be an upgrade of my current Viofo A119/A119S in my car due to its great features and quality.
Looking to get BlackVue’s Power Magic Pro so I can hardwire this DR750S-2CH so I use the pre-buffered parking mode that got me attracted to BlackVue long time ago.
Here’s a good read on the 15 THINGS DR750S SERIES DOES BETTER
JQ · November 30, 2017 at 12:57 am
Is it possible to do a video of Blackvue DR750S-2CH night vision without any light from the surrounding? Cos from most of the video posted at night it look clear with lights from the surrounding. As most of the time the stretch of road I drive don’t have any lamp post so night vision video quality priority is important for my purchase considerations. Appreciate your help. Thank you
Jeremy Wong · November 30, 2017 at 1:38 am
Let me see what I can do