Thank you GearBest for sending over this Chupad X16 Dual Dashcam for review.
Official Chupad product page: Chupad
Very strange. I couldn’t find the X16 in Chupad’s website.
GearBest product page: Chupad X16 Dual Dashcam
• Processor: Novatek 96663
• Sensor: Sony IMX291 front, Sony IMX323 rear
• 170° viewing angle, F1.6
• 3″ LCD screen
• Resolution: 1920 x 1080 30fps for front and rear
• Support up to 32GB microSD card
• GPS (optional)
• Waterproof rear cam at IP7
• Battery: 150mAh Li-ion Battery
• 90° angled rear cam cable
• Car charger with 1 USB port
• Tape mount
• Rear cam with mounting tape and screws
• Manual in Chinese and English
• Quality control check card
Car charger with USB port
90° angled rear cam cable
Manual in Chinese and English
Initial firmware out of the box
Views on the X16
Dual cam view, front cam view and rear cam view
There were some issues faced with the rear cam showing white/black screen. The X16 hanged. And the rear cam all a sudden recording upside down.
Trying to contact Chupad and see if there are any firmware updates that might fix these issues faced.
Recorded in 1920×1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 12.1 Mb/s for front and rear. Please excuse the rear cam as my rear windscreen was dirty due to the rain for the past week.