Firstly, thank you to Bill of Viofo for sending their latest WR1 review sample.
Official product page: Viofo WR1
Specifications and features list:
• Novatek 96655 chipset
• Sony Exmor IMX323 image sensor
• 160° viewing angle, 6G F1.8
• Resolution: 1920×1080 30fps, 1280×720 60fps, 848×480 60fps, 640×480 30fps
• Support up to 128GB microSD card
• Built-in Wi-Fi
• Super Capacitor
• Mini USB 4 meters Cable
• Mini USB Short Cable
• 2 port USB Car Charger
• Tape mount with 3M mounting tape
• Suction mount
• 5 x Cable Clip
• Spare 3M mounting tape
• Manual in English
Tape mount with 3M mounting tape
2 port USB Car Charger
4 meters mini USB cable & short mini USB cable
Manual in English
Viofo Android App
Viofo WR1 came with firmware V1.0 out of the box.
When streaming the videos in the Viofo app on my Samsung S7 edge, the videos were buffering about every 3-5 seconds.
Will be using 32GB Samsung Evo+ UHS1 in the WR1
Red LED is power and green LED is Wi-Fi
Videos recorded in 1920×1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 14.2 Mb/s.
Modified on: Wed, 16 Aug, 2017 at 9:05 PM
Latest WR1 firmware is released on 2017.8.15, the version number is V1.1, below is the download link, or check the attachment:
- Improved: Not support disable auto recording while external charger plugged
- Improved: Wi-Fi transfer speed.
How to update:
Please do the following to upgrade the dash cam
- Use Micro SD card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
- Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
- Copy just the FWWR1.bin on the root of the card
- After FWWR1.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
- Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until the camera is powered on.The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.